Wednesday, March 21, 2012

New K5 dance moves

Ok, so after the last post you learned that we don't learn to read in K5.  Well, tonight you will learn that we do apparently learn to dance in K5.  Honestly, I just want to crawl into bed, but I have to add this one before I forget!

Yesterday I decided to teach a new song, "Little Ducky Duddle."  I thought we were ready for it...apparently I was wrong!  I sang the song twice for them, showing them the motions we will do.  Then it was their turn to stand and sing with me.  We were doing okay until we got to the waddling part.  The song says, "Little Ducky Duddle went wading in a puddle..."  At that point we put our hands our flat with our arms at our sides, and we waddle like a duck.

I look over to the left side of the class just in time to see one of my boys getting his shoulders into the song a little too much.  Then he starts turning around in circles, and pretty soon the legs were moving.  He was totally dancing to "Little Ducky Duddle."  Oh my, only five year old boys!

I have to say that it was too funny to correct him at the moment...I had to look away just to keep from laughing.  However, on the inside I was praising God for a small reminder to smile!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment