Monday, March 19, 2012

No reading in K5!

Ok, so I have decided that this year is going to be...well, for a positive way to look at it...fun!  So I want to remember all the funny things that happen in order to remain sane!  I am sure more than one funny thing will happen each week, but I will probably not have time to be on here more than that.  However, we just finished our 13th day of school and I already have so many stories!  I will just start from the beginning and add new ones as they happen.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I am.  (Don't worry, I will try to stick to funny stories and not the other nasty Kindergarten things that happen every day!)

I will change all names to keep them free from embarrassment!   :)

At the beginning of each school year I call all the parents to tell them how excited I am for a new year together.  I just tell them how much I love and pray for their children.  Well, during one of those calls on the first day of school a mother told me this story...

"Abby was talking to her little brothers this morning before leaving for school. She was telling them how she was going to school so I will be able to read you this book when I get home today.....Well, after school the first thing she said to them was; 'I didn't learn how to read today, so I can't read you the book yet.  I guess I will have to go back a few more days!'"

How sweet!  I am glad she wants to come back so she can learn to read.  How disappointing for her not to learn everything on the first day!

Don't we all want things like that sometimes...the result without the work.

2 comments: